While property gives people a lot of security, that doesn`t mean they can do whatever they want on their property. In Victoria, section 173 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 allows a municipal council and a landowner to enter into an agreement limiting the use of the land. These are commonly referred to as a Section 173 convention and may prevent the subdividing of land, use for graduated developments, or the maintenance of certain characteristics of the country. Help them plan for the future, because the agreement requires certain things in the countryside instead of limiting them. This can be more effective than granting an authorization, because an authorization can only grant the authorization for something, it does not require anything to happen in the future. The agreement may also contain more details than an authorization. Let them be creative in how the country is developed and for what. The agreement can contain many things that are not necessarily possible in normal alliances or authorizations. He works in the future and hires new owners of the country. This goes beyond the scope of most permissions. Depending on the complexity of the agreement, the proposed amendment/final is handled by Council officials and may, if necessary, be referred to Council lawyers.

It is the applicant`s responsibility to ensure that the contract is registered in time with Land Victoria. § 173 Agreements are generally concluded between a municipal council and the owner of a piece of land. Therefore, if you wish to develop real estate in Box Hill, you may be asked to enter into an agreement with the City of Whitehorse under Section 173. If you want to divide the land into Portsea, the deal with the Mornington Peninsula Shire. On the basis of an agreement under section 173 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987, a Council may limit how a sub-divider will use the country in the future. Some common things that are found in these agreements are this: it can be difficult if there are a lot of people who are part of the agreement. This can happen if the country has been divided. Anyone must either agree to the amendment or a landowner can ask the VCAT to evaluate the proposed amendment. When it comes to CTA, the Council must support this amendment. If the Council does not support it, it cannot be heard by the VCAT. . .


Comments are closed.